Parents/Guardians can log into Infinite Campus to report an absence.
Click here for instructions
IMPORTANT PANDEMIC NOTE: If your student or a close contact tests positive for COVID-19, please contact the health room as soon as possible.
Choose any one of these three options to report a student absence or tardy:
- Log in to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal site to notify School staff of an expected student absence. Click here to report a student absence and read the step-by-step guide.
- Call the Attendance Line: (303) 453-4605 Speaking slowly, please leave a detailed voicemail with the following information
- Student's last name and first name
- Student's grade
- Date of absence
- Reason for absence
- Be sure to include your name, phone number, and relationship to the student.
Online Extended Absence Form for 3 or more consecutive days out:
- If your student will be absent for 3 or more days, please submit a Pre-arranged Absence form available online. Extended absences must be cleared with the principal at least one week prior to the scheduled absence. Pre-Arranged Absence Forms can be found on the Peak to Peak website HERE.
Illness during the 21-22 School Year
There are a number of resources available to help guide you when your student is sick.
- Stay Home When You Are Sick - CDC
- How Sick is Too Sick - CDPHE’s recommendations on when students must stay home and when they can return to school.
If your student is experiencing any of the following symptoms they must stay home and you should contact the school for next steps.
- Fever (100.4 or above)
- Chills or feeling feverish
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore Throat
- Runny nose / Congestion
- Muscle / Body aches or pain
- Vomiting / nausea
- Feeling extremely tired
If a student is experiencing fever, cough, loss of taste or smell, or chills (major symptoms) that last longer than 24 hrs they must have a negative PCR COVID test to return to school or they will need to stay home for 10 days.
If a student is experiencing any other symptom (minor symptoms) that last longer than 48 hrs they must have a negative PCR COVID test to return to school or they will need to stay home for 10 days.
Testing is available through BVSD and COVID Check Colorado throughout the district - see the schedule here.
Parents MUST report a positive test result to the school.