- Peak to Peak Charter School
LAST CALL! 2020 REQUEST FOR BOARD OF DIRECTOR CANDIDATES
The 2020 election for the Peak to Peak Board of Directors is coming in early May. There will be THREE OPEN SEATS for elected board members. All seats have 3-year terms. All non-employee school and local community members are encouraged to consider serving on the board. Any candidate for the Peak to Peak Board of Directors, in order to have his or her name placed on the ballot, must deliver (email) a signed Peak to Peak Board Handbook form at the time of his or her candidacy submission, which constitutes an agreement to abide by the Board Orientation/Training requirements in the Board Handbook. The Board Handbook will be sent to any candidate who is interested in possible candidacy for review. NEW THIS YEAR: External Candidates who are elected will no longer receive automatic enrollment for their students. Internal or community member candidates already have their children/students at our school.
If you would like to have further information, please contact Traci Schoeneweis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have decided to run for a board seat, you must formally declare your candidacy by submitting to email@example.com
- Please provide an introductory paragraph about yourself (150 words or less). A single photograph of yourself is optional but encouraged. Please do NOT include any links to outside websites or resources.
- Please explain what appeals to you most about Peak to Peak.
- Briefly describe why you wish to serve on the Peak to Peak Board of Directors.
- What experience and skills would you bring to the Peak to Peak Board of Directors?
- What do you feel is the most important issue now facing Peak to Peak?
- Please describe your familiarity with Peak to Peak's Strategic Plan and explain the direction in which you would like to see Peak to Peak progress.
- What do you understand Peak to Peak's philosophy to be and how do you support it?
- If elected, how do you expect to separate your parental and board member duties?
A preliminary candidate list will be published to all of the candidates after the candidacy deadline. Candidates will then have the opportunity to withdraw from the election if they change their mind about running or make any edits to their responses by April 2nd. Responses from the candidates who wish to remain in the election will be distributed to families in our Friday, April 3rd Weekly Digest and published on our website.
All candidates are encouraged to attend our candidate question & answer session on Wednesday, May 6th, 2020 at 6:30 PM. Voting instructions and timeline will be communicated to the entire Peak to Peak community in May. Please see the below Election Guidelines information sheet for election information, timeline, and campaign guidelines. Please contact Traci Schoeneweis at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2020 Peak to Peak Election Committee