- Peak to Peak Charter School
Daily Message to Community from the Leadership Team: 03.20.20 COVID-19 Update - Week 1: #5
Dear Peak to Peak Community,
We have just a few items to share with you before we take Spring Break to rejuvenate.
Building Entry and Materials Pick Up
We understand some families and staff members may need to gather belongings from the buildings. At this time, families do not have to clear out the buildings as if it were the end of the school year. Please just pick up the items that students may need now through April 17. Should closure be extended again, we will provide additional opportunities. Please remember that Chromebook pick up is tomorrow (Saturday 3/21) from 2:00-4:00 PM. If you are in need of a Chromebook after spring break please contact Tracy Durland. If you need to enter the buildings please adhere to the following important guidelines:
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer before entering and after leaving the buildings.
- Do not come if you have any cold or flu symptoms - fever (100 degrees or higher), cough. Please only come to the school (exposing yourself and others) if it is absolutely necessary.
- Access through the main entrances only and the main entrance to the music building for instruments. Recorders for elementary will not be available for pick up.
- Stay only long enough to gather materials to take home.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
- We will not donate any Lost and Found items anytime in the near future.
- Elementary families should only take items from their individual student’s desk and locker. Please do not take any other items from the classroom.
At this time, Peak to Peak is only offering the following times to enter our buildings:
- Saturday 3/21 2:00-4:00 PM (also Chromebook pick up)
- Monday 3/23 9:00-11:00 AM
- Monday 3/30 3:00-5:00 PM
- Do not expect your students to be following a normal class schedule where they are sitting in front of a computer all day. Again, distance learning does not necessarily mean online instruction and/or video conferencing. While some teachers may implement video conferencing as a strategy, this will not be a requirement. If a teacher does plan to use video conferencing, we have asked that they schedule it in advance and that they schedule it during a time when the class would normally be meeting and record it for the benefit of those who may not be able to attend synchronously.
- During this time when students may be asked to use online environments more than they normally would in our traditional classrooms, we look to parents and guardians as partners in monitoring students’ use of technology.
- Watch for information on the Peak to Peak website. We are in the process of preparing some additional guidance and support for families that will be posted on the website. Thanks for your patience as these pages are developed.
Finally, we strongly encourage everyone to take next week as a time to pause, spend time with your families, get outside, stay healthy, and rest. The weeks that follow will require compassion, collaboration, and patience as we navigate this new territory together. We thank you for your partnership!
With best regards,
The Peak to Peak Leadership Team