- Peak to Peak Charter School
All Peak to Peak Community: Preparing for Leadership Transitions
Dear Peak to Peak Community,
After accepting Kelly Reeser's letter of resignation, the Board of Directors has taken on the important role of finding a new leader for Peak to Peak. The hiring process will coincide with the work already underway to update our strategic plan this school year. This sets us up with a great opportunity to refresh and renew Peak to Peak’s focus and direction. So - we are taking the time to reflect, research, imagine, and plan for our school’s future. Here are some key points about how we are approaching this work:
- The Board has the ultimate responsibility for executive hires, and we will lead this hiring process and work.
- We will partner with the ELT throughout this process, to identify priorities, capabilities, and to evaluate candidates. This started with 1:1 interviews with BOD members and each ELT member, to hear each person’s priorities and excitements for the future, insights on our structure, and the critical qualities needed in a new leader.
- We value the voice of our community, and will also engage community members in this work. We will ask our staff, parents/guardians, and students to provide input and feedback throughout this process. We are starting with a survey for all community members that will launch today (Find it here, and also in today’s Weekly Digest), and we will hold in-person sessions with BOD members at staff meetings and community meetings right after the Thanksgiving break.
- We are reaching out to other charter schools, BVSD, recruiters, and more external resources to ask for insights and experiences we can learn from as we consider the role and the hiring process that will set us up for success.
- We plan to cast a wide net for candidates, implementing an inclusive and equitable process to create a pool of highly qualified candidates.
We understand there are many questions about the details of the hiring process. Our goal is to have a job description, posting, and hiring details ready by the end of December. We can then kick-off the hiring process in early January. Please see the timeline below that outlines the key action steps to reach this goal.
Peak to Peak is at a pivotal point in our journey, and we are excited to partner with our community to select the best new leader who will guide us forward on our mission. Thank you for engaging with us!
Colleen Elliott, Board President
On Behalf of the Board of Directors